For the month of June, LEGO Singapore will be rolling out a series of exclusive LEGO Food Culture mini-builds.
These builds are designed by Singapore’s only LEGO Certified Professional, Nicholas Foo, and they reflect the distinctive cuisine and dining culture of Singapore.
There are five mini-builds to collect and they can be redeemed when you spend a minimum of SGD$80 on LEGO Products at their respective locations.
The push cart food kiosk is a icon of the Singapore street food culture. It has a long tradition of serving up some of the best food this side of the South East Asia.
The Kaya Toast ‘set’ actually comes with a couple of half boiled eggs and a cup of coffee/tea and it is usually eaten during breakfast or second breakfast or basically any time you feel hungry.
Singapore has a unique dining culture of leaving packets of tissue paper to signify that the table is “reserved/taken” while customers purchase their food at a food court or hawker center.
The Chili Crab is a Singaporean seafood dish and contrary to its name, it is not very spicy.
These Peranakan bite-sized snacks or dessert foods that are traditionally made out of rice flour and tapioca.
This is all part of LEGO’s #BuildamazingSG campaign where kids can immerse themselves in the LEGO world with various activities planned out for the Parkway Parade Shopping Center pop-up store.
Here is the full press release:
The LEGO® Group: What actually makes Singapore amazing?
• #BuildAmazingSG contest invites Singaporeans to share their own stories and redefine the wonders of the city
• Inspired by the unique local food culture, LEGO® launches 5 exclusive
Singapore Limited Edition Food Culture Mini-Builds
• Cities of Wonders event – an immersive world made out of LEGO to inspire kids’ creativity
Singapore, 17th May 2017 – Majulah Singapura! Beyond the picture-perfect skyline and bustling city centre, there are endless possibilities about what truly makes Singapore Amazing. This May, the LEGO® Group presents #BuildAmazingSG to call on all Singaporeans to showcase their creativity by recreating and redefining the country’s most significant local icons using LEGO bricks.
The idea of #BuildAmazingSG is to inspire and uncover what makes our Lion City amazing, told through the lens of locals and LEGO bricks. It can be anything from an iconic landmark, a monument, a cultural element, or something about us – the people. How will you #BuildAmazingSG?
To enter the contest, simply take a picture of your LEGO creation, upload it to Instagram with the hashtags #BuildAmazingSG and #LEGOSG, and share a short explanation of why the creation is special to you. There is no limit to the number of entries one can submit, and each entry has a chance to win the complete set of Singapore Limited Edition Food Culture Mini-Builds, and feature their winning creations at Plaza Singapura for the entire nation to admire and celebrate!
With entries open until 15th June, there’s still time to start building and inspiring others. The only limitation to what you can build is your imagination!
Inspired by the vibrant local food culture that makes Singapore truly amazing, The LEGO® Group launches 5 exclusive Singapore Food Culture Mini-Builds featuring our beloved food cart, national dishes chilli crab, nyonya kuehs, and traditional kaya toast breakfast set, as well as our truly unique hawker centre ‘chope’ practice.
These bright and colourful Singapore Food Culture Mini-Builds are carefully designed to create the perfect collectables that speak directly to all who treasure the unique food culture and national identity of Singapore. Show your love for our amazing city by collecting all 5 of them – exclusively made available in Singapore!
Furthermore, you’ll be entitled to an exclusive Singapore Food Culture ‘base’ when all 5 mini-builds are collected!
Each mini build is redeemable with a minimum purchase of S$80 of LEGO products in a single receipt. Hurry and get them while stocks last!
The celebration for #BuildAmazingSG continues at the LEGO® Cities of Wonders event – where imagination becomes real, and kids can look to enter a parallel world that belongs to them, modelled on some of the most popular LEGO CITY and FRIENDS sets.
Kids can look to immerse themselves in a colourful LEGO world filled with fun games, exciting activities and challenges to emerge victorious in the series of missions. Parents can experience how their child’s imagination can lead to amazing creations at this exciting event designed especially for kids.
Join in the fun at Parkway Parade from 2nd – 18th June and let your kids’ creativity fly high with unlimited creations to be built!
LEGO® #BuildAmazingSG Make & Take and Contest#BuildAmazingSG Make & Take:Singapore Limited Edition Food Culture Mini-Builds Terms & Conditions:
- Each of the five Singapore Limited Edition Food Culture Mini-Builds can be redeemed with a minimum purchase of $80 on any LEGO® product(s) in a single receipt during the following dates at these venues:– Food Cart from 2 to 18 June 2017: Parkway Parade Atrium– Kaya Toast from 10 to 18 June 2017: Toy“R”Us VivoCity– Chope Seat from 17 to 25 June 2017: LEGO® Certified Store Suntec City– Chilli Crab from 24 June to 2 July 2017: LEGO® Certified Store Nex– Nyonya Kueh: Date and Venue to be confirmed at a later date
- A redemption card will be issued upon first redemption from Parkway Parade Atrium. This card will be stamped each time a different mini-build is redeemed.
- The Display Base is only redeemable with a redemption card with five stamps for each of the five different Mini-Builds.
- The Display Base will be available for redemption at the same venue as the Nyonya Kueh.
- It is not allowed to combine two/more incomplete redemption cards to redeem the Display Base.
- Redemption cards are not exchangeable for cash.
- Only original redemption cards will be accepted.
- Management will not be responsible for the loss or damage of the redemption card.
- Registration is required for redemption at Parkway Parade B1 Airwell. Registration will end at 8:30pm on the redemption dates.
- LEGO® Singapore Limited Edition Food Culture Mini-Builds requires the Mini-Build gift to be built during the designated redemption period.
- Due to safety and build experience standards, build area is restricted to participants aged 5 years and above. Only the participants/builders are allowed in the build area. Each redemption allows access to one (1) participant/builder.
- In the event there is overcrowding, event staff may issue queue tickets to participants to return at a later date/time.
- Receipts from other stores and/or late receipts will not be accepted.
- Each receipt is valid for one (1) redemption. Only original receipts are accepted for redemption.
- Credit/credit card slips & NETS transaction slips are not valid – unless presented together with corresponding original receipts.
- LEGO® Singapore Limited Edition Food Culture Mini-Builds are not available for sale, and cannot be exchanged or refunded. Products shown are not to sale.
- Redemption is not valid with any other promotions/discounts. Free gifts/promotions are subject to availability of prevailing stocks and is on first-come-first-served basis.
- LEGO® Singapore reserves the right to use the photographs/videos in various media including Internet. By participating, parents/guardians agree to have their photos/video taken of themselves and the event area for marketing purposes, including but not limited to print, audio-visual and social media.
- LEGO® Singapore is not responsible for any personal loss, injuries or damage caused or incurred during the activity.
- LEGO® Singapore reserves the rights to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefore and without any compensation whatsoever.
- By participating, participants and their parents/guardians automatically and voluntarily agree to the Terms and Conditions stated.Here are the addresses of participating outlets:
- Parkway Parade: Parkway Parade B1 Airwell, 80 Marine Parade Rd, Parkway Parade, Singapore 449269. Opening Hours: 1030am to 10pm
- Toy“R”Us VivoCity: #02-183 VivoCity, 1 Harbourfront Walk, Singapore 098585. Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm
- LEGO® Certified Store Suntec City: #03-364/365, Tower 3 3 Temasek Boulevard Suntec Mall Singapore 038983 Opening Hours: Monday-Sunday, 10:30am – 9:30pm
- LEGO® Certified Store NEX: NEX Shopping Mall #04-52/53, 23 Serangoon Central Singapore 556083, Opening Hours: Monday-Sunday, 11:00am – 9:30pm