I seldom post about contests but I think that this one might actually be fun to participate in!
LEGO Ideas is running a Star Wars themed building competition for the holidays which can net you a host of cool prizes.
LEGO Star Wars Holiday X-Wing Microscale by Pascal Hetzel
All you have to do is to create a holiday scene with at least one of the following elements:
- Millennium Falcon™
- TIE Fighter™
- X-Wing Fighter™
- AT-AT ™
- Jedi™ Interceptor™
- 501st Legion Clone Troopers™
Submit your build by November 24th 2020 at 6:00 a.m. EST. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in, here’s a time zone converter. These are the awesome prizes you could stand to win:
- 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina
- 75005 Rancor Pit
- 31200 Star Wars™ The Sith™ (LEGO Art)
- 75275 A-Wing Starfighter
- 75318 The Child
- 40431 BB-8
- 40391 First Order Storm Trooper
Here is the link to the contest page for you to submit your entries and remember to state which build you’ve included in your entry!
Happy building everyone!
Here are the contest details:
Acceptable Entry Content
- You must be the original creator of all creative work you submit (the model, images, photographs, description text, etc.) and you must have the exclusive right to submit your model to this LEGO Ideas Contest. You may not submit a model or any other content made by, or on behalf of, someone else.
- Entries must be new creations and not previously posted online or submitted to any other contest.
- You are allowed to use any official LEGO element (LEGO System, LEGO DUPLO, LEGO TECHNIC/Constraction) in your entry. The LEGO elements must be genuine (not cut, glued, or otherwise modified).
- Entries can only reference Star Wars™ and should not contain copies or references to any other existing third-party work or creation or infringements of any third-party intellectual property right, such as Ford.
- Please only use LEGO® Star Wars™ Minifigures and generic Minifigures that do not use any third-party intellectual property.
- Contest entries related to the topics below do not fit our brand values and will not be approved for publication on LEGO Ideas:
- Politics and political symbols, campaigns, or movements
- Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
- Sex, nudity, drugs, or smoking
- Alcohol in any present-day situation
- Swearing or profanity
- Death, killing, blood, terrorism, horror, or torture
- First-person shooter video games
- Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials
- Large or human-scale weapons or weapon replicas of any kind, including swords, knives, guns, sci-fi or fantasy blasters, etc.
- Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals
Entry Quality Standards
- You may submit digital entries using LEGO Digital Designer, which is available for download via this link free of charge. Any entries made in LEGO Digital Designer should not show the baseplate from build mode. You may also create digital entries using third-party LEGO CAD software.
- You may use photo editing software and add visual effects to photos of your entry.
- Entries containing photos that are too dark or blurry will be removed from the contest. To ensure easy judging of your entry, we recommend taking pictures on a neutral background free from background clutter, with your model well framed.
- Please do not include people in pictures you submit. Photos containing people will be removed.
- Entries containing defamatory or degrading elements will not be eligible for the contest.
- Any cheating or harassment of other participants will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Your contest entries and comments on contest entries must follow the complete LEGO Ideas House Rules.
A panel of judges consisting of members of the LEGO Star Wars™ team, will choose 3 winners based on:
- Overall coolness and originality: 25%
- Most inspired details: 25%
- Relevance to contest theme: 25%
- Best use of LEGO elements: 25%
The Fine Print
- You must be at least 13 years of age to participate and enter.
- You may submit multiple entries to the contest, but only one entry per person will be considered when winners are selected. This means you cannot win as a semi-finalist and as the grand prize winner with two different entries.
- Winners will be contacted on the email address associated with their LEGO ID account after December 8th, 2020. Winners will be announced on LEGO Ideas when all winners have returned the signed Winner’s Certification Documents. A winner who does not return their Winner’s Certification Document within one week (5 days) of receiving it will be disqualified, and a new winner will be selected.
- This contest is not open to residents of Iran, North Korea, Myanmar/Burma, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Syria, any other U.S. sanctioned country and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- By entering the contest, you agree to follow the rules on this Contest Brief page and you agree to the LEGO Ideas Terms of Service.
- This contest is offered, organized and run solely by the LEGO Group. Participants should direct all queries and matters relating to the contest to LEGO Ideas.