In our continuing coverage of LEGO product announcements, we now turn our sights to the LEGO Harry Potter sets that will be coming out in time for summer.
This June will see the debut of a fully brick-built Hedwig, the Room of Requirement and the Astronomy Tower in Hogwarts. We will also see the an update of the Burrows.
Minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood.
The full model, when connected, measures over 2″ (7cm) high, 7″ (19cm) long and 2″ (6cm) deep. The different sections of the set can be attached in a variety of configurations to inspire new ways to play.
Minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Dolores Umbridge.
The full model measures over 4” (12cm) high and Grawp stands over 5” (13cm) high, providing a magical large-scale model for use as part of kids’ role-play adventures or on display in their rooms.
Minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Horace Slughorn, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Lavender Brown and Draco Malfoy
The model measures over 15” (40cm) high, 11” (29cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep and connects seamlessly with LEGO® Hogwarts™ sets 75953, 75954 and 75948.
Minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Dudley Dursley, Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley and Dobby.
The house measures over 6” (17cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep and the car is over 4” (12cm) long. The large scale and authentic detail make this playset ideal for display as well as hands-on play.
Minifigures: Harry Potter; Hedwig animal figure
With a wingspan of over 13” (34cm) and a beak-to-tail measurement of over 7” (20cm), this mechanical Hedwig™ collectible LEGO® set makes an impressive display that is sure to be the center of attention.
Minifigures: Ron, Ginny, Arthur and Molly Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback and Harry Potter
The Weasley family house measures over 13” (34cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (18cm) deep.
These sets will go on sale at starting June 1st in selected regions and full global launch will be on August 1st. Pre-orders will be available on April 30th.
There are still a couple of items that has not been revealed yet, most noticeably the LEGO Harry Potter Collectible Minifigure Series 2. Watch this space for more info!
New LEGO ® Harry Potter™ Wizarding World sets unveiled.
Today, the LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have revealed a new range of enchanting playsets for fans of the Wizarding World. Packed to the brim with delight and mystery, these captivating playsets will help bring the Wizarding World to life in a way that only LEGO play can do.
Featuring well-known characters, creatures and locations familiar to every would-be Hogwarts student in waiting, the new LEGO sets help young builders create adventures of their own. The sets provide opportunities for endless fun as fans help Harry, Ron, Hermione and their faithful friends reenact beloved moments from the films.
These new LEGO sets will enable fans of the Wizarding World to explore Hogwarts in a new and exciting way. They can discover the entrance to The Room of Requirement, lure Professor Umbridge to the Forbidden Forest, gatecrash the Ravenclaw dormitory and explore the Hogwarts Astronomy Tower.
And the adventures extend beyond the Hogwarts theme…through their play, fans will be able to release Harry from the cupboard under the stairs at 4 Privet Drive, send Hedwig off to deliver an important message or explore the enchanted nooks and crannies of The Burrow.
Spanning adventures from across the seven Harry Potter films, the new sets will go on sale from June 1st in select regions (August 1st in the United States) and will be available to pre-order from 30th April in select regions from LEGO.com and selected retailers globally.
· LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Room of Requirement – Slide the panel to reveal the hidden entrance to the Room of Requirement and join Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood for secret Defense Against the Dark Arts practice!
· LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Astronomy Tower – Visit Potions Master Horace Slughorn’s classroom and office, check out the magical mandrake in the greenhouse, then explore the Ravenclaw dorm and the cool astronomy equipment.
· LEGO® Harry Potter™ Forbidden Forest: Umbridge’s Encounter – Trick Professor Umbridge into entering the Forbidden Forest and introduce her to Grawp and a few centaurs.
· LEGO® Harry Potter™ 4 Privet Drive – Explore 4 Privet Drive, the Dursley family’s home, and discover a whirlwind of excitement!
· LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hedwig™ – Capture the magical personality and elegant movement of Hedwig, the celebrated owl from the Harry Potter films. Available exclusively from Barnes and Noble in the US and many other retailers globally.
· LEGO® Harry Potter™ Attack on The Burrow – Explore the crazy, colourful Weasley house with Harry, Ron and the rest of the family and help protect it from the Death Eaters. Available exclusively from Target in the US and many other retailers globally.
Marcos Bessa, LEGO® Harry Potter™ Design Lead commented: “Each year we get the chance to recreate some of the most action-packed and exciting settings from the films. We hope these new products inspire young builders around the world to believe anything is possible as they act out their own adventures in the Wizarding World.”