The LEGO Ideas Grand Piano (21323) official announcement was delayed from last year due to some “redesign” work but that is all completed and now we are able to officially reveal it!
LEGO Idea’s latest offering sets a couple of records with the largest piece count for any LEGO Ideas set produced so far. It is also the first LEGO Ideas set to be packaged with Power Up functions.
The model will feature 25 playable keys, authentic hammer action, moving dampers and pedal and a motor for auto-play.
This will consist of 3,662 individual elements along with Powered Up functions, making this the largest LEGO Ideas set ever released.
The Piano will measure 22.5 cm tall (when closed), 30.5 cm wide and sport a depth of 35.5 cm which means that you’d probably need a bit of space to display this beauty.
The LEGO Ideas Grand Piano utilises the LEGO Powered Up app to ‘play’ the piano and produce the corresponding musical notes. The app will be available to the public on launch day.
One of the cool features of this set is that there is actually a ‘stand’ of sorts built into the piano which holds your mobile phone in place.
As this currently holds the largest piece count for any LEGO Ideas set, it also is the one with the highest price point with SGD$499.90 / US $349.99 / CA $449.99 / DE €349.99 / UK £319.99 / FR €349.99 / DK 2699.0DKK.
The LEGO Ideas Grand Piano (21323) will be available at all LEGO Brand and Certified Stores across the globe on August 1st, 2020.
21323 LEGO® ǀ Ideas Grand Piano
Ages 18+. 3,662 pieces
SGD$499.90 – US $349.99 – CA $449.99 – DE €349.99 – UK £319.99 – FR €349.99 – DK 2699.0DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Build the first-ever playable LEGO® Grand Piano!
Do you have a passion for music? Do you like to relax by focusing on a fun, hands-on project in your free time? If so, this incredible LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano model kit (21323) is just the creative activity for you.
Beautiful and playable
Feel the pride of building a sophisticated, brick-built version of a concert grand piano that you can actually play music with! Recreate the hammer action of each piano key, the moving pedal and authentic details such as the propped-open top lid and fallboard. Turn on the motor and then you are all set to play wonderful music – select user play on the free LEGO Powered Up app to play the notes yourself or activate auto play and just listen.
LEGO sets for your lifestyle
Take some time out and enjoy creating a LEGO musical masterpiece to display in your home or workplace. Part of a collection of LEGO building sets for adults, it makes a truly special birthday present or Christmas gift for yourself, the musician, piano player or hobbyist in your life.
• Drum roll please as we proudly introduce the first-ever, playable LEGO® Grand Piano! Experience the hands-on pleasure of creating a highly sophisticated LEGO concert piano model and then play beautiful music with it.
• The LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano (21323) has a removable 25-key keyboard, authentic hammer action, moving dampers and pedal, and motor. Combined with the LEGO Powered Up app, you can play a tune yourself or automatically.
• Revel in the authentic design details of this beautiful model, from the top lid that can be propped up just like a real grand piano’s, to the opening fallboard and piano leg wheels, plus a height adjustable bench.
• If you are looking for a creative DIY project, this 3,662-piece model building kit is ideal for you. So, take some time out and click your stress away with a rewarding challenge that will leave you feeling revitalized.
• The piano measures over 8.5” (22.5cm) high, 12” (30.5cm) wide and 13.5” (35.5cm) deep when closed. A stylish item for your home or workplace, it also makes a cool gift for musicians, music-lovers, pianists and hobbyists.
• To power up the grand piano’s self-playing function, you’ll need 6 AAA batteries (not included) and the free LEGO® Powered Up app – choose user play to play the notes yourself or auto play to listen to 1 of 4 songs.
• Clear instructions help you to build with confidence and really enjoy the process, even if you are a LEGO® newcomer. Also included is a coffee-table-style booklet about this grand piano set’s fan designer and more.
• This LEGO® Ideas building set for adults is part of a collection of inspiring model kits designed for the discerning hobbyist who relishes an immersive, hands-on DIY project.
• Since 1958, LEGO® building bricks have met the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
• LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to meet exacting safety and quality standards, so you can be sure that this collectible grand piano model is as robust as it is beautiful.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & LEGO.com from 1st August, 2020
FEEL THE RHYTHM WITH THE SPECTACULAR FAN-DESIGNED LEGO® IDEAS GRAND PIANO SET
Imagined by an avid LEGO builder, the LEGO Group’s brand-new LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano is a show-stopping set for adult music lovers and builders – available from 1st August from LEGO.com and LEGO Stores.
[23rd July 2020] A dazzling idea from a keen LEGO builder and music enthusiast, has now been brought to life after receiving overwhelming demand from the public – as the LEGO Group launches the brand-new LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano™ set. The latest product is part of the LEGO Ideas collection, which conceptualises and produces the creative wonders imagined and voted for by LEGO fans themselves.
Designed with the intricate elements of a real grand piano, this brand-new set is a fully immersive build. With a clever motor and working keys, when the set is combined with the LEGO Powered Up app, fans can become musical maestros one brick and one note at a time – making it The LEGO Group’s first-ever piano set with the ability to play music.
Talented builders can try their hand at creating their own masterpiece on the LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano™ using the LEGO Powered Up app, which allows them full control of the musical notes and piano keys. Alternatively, those looking to sit back and relax can choose to select ‘auto-play’ and enjoy the dulcet tones of one of the ten pre-set songs available.
The brand-new set is a masterpiece of craft and innovation, featuring all the makings of real-life grand piano to give an authentic musical experience in LEGO brick-form. These authentic features include a removable 25-key keyboard, a top lid that can be propped up, an authentic hammer action and a moving damper and pedal, which help to make the LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano™ as beautiful as it is functional.
Once built, the 3,662-piece LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano™ is made to take centre stage as a spectacular display model for any room, measuring over 8.5” (22.5cm) high, 12” (30.5cm) wide and 13.5” (35.5cm) deep when closed.
The new grand piano set is part of the LEGO Ideas collection, which offers fans the opportunity to submit their own brick creations with the chance to have their concept brought to life with the help of LEGO master designers and a share of the profits. Other recent LEGO Ideas sets inspired by LEGO fans, include the LEGO Ideas Pirated of Barracuda Bay and the LEGO Ideas Friends Central Perk.
Imagined by music teacher and LEGO aficionado Donny Chen, this set was designed as a way for him to combine his passion for music with his passion for building. To add to the excitement and personal feel of the build, the LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano™ even features a music sheet composed by Donny himself.
Speaking about the process, Donny Chen said: “When I’m not building with LEGO bricks, I’m teaching, tuning or writing music on my piano. So, when I first discovered LEGO Ideas, I knew I wanted to build something that not only combined my two passions, but also looked visually stunning. It’s truly an honour to see my idea brought to life by the talented people at the LEGO Group and I hope it brings joy to all the other music fans who voted for the idea on the LEGO Ideas platform.”
Federico Begher, VP of Global Marketing at The LEGO Group added: “We get so many amazing concepts submitted through our LEGO Ideas platform, but when we saw Donny’s piano design it really stood out as something extraordinary, with great potential to become a truly unique LEGO set.
The accompanying images and video submitted by Donny really sparked some ideas within the team. We believed that including power functions as part of the model to enable the set to play real music in real life would elevate the design even further. We simply could not pass on the opportunity to create the ultimate LEGO Ideas Grand Piano model for music and LEGO fans alike!”
The new LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano™ set is the latest example of how the LEGO Group aims to inspire builders of all ages to build, rebuild and get excited by the process of creation.
LEGO® Ideas Grand Piano™ will be available directly via LEGO.com and LEGO Stores from August 1st
21323 – LEGO Ideas Grand Piano